Indoor LecturesRead in DE
We are submitting a series of lectures based on the Learning Connection framework tied specifically to our new manual: TEACHING SNOWSPORTS Release – October 2018
Indoor Lecture 1: All Snowsports
The Learning Connection – TEACHING SNOWSPORTS: (Focus/Theme: Teaching) PSIA-AASI Student Centered philosophy. Integrating People Skills, Technical Skills, and Teaching Skills to provide the complete guest experience (all snowsports presentation by PSIA-AASI Team) offered in English, interactive presentation with PowerPoint/video, no maximum group size.
- People Skills (Ch. 1): an empathetic approach to building relationships based on trust and respect – Development of People Fundamentals for training and assessment of this critical skillset deeper connection and student engagement.
- Teaching Skills (Ch. 2,3) – a method of developing content and adapting delivery based upon the physical, mental, and social needs and desires of each student –Connection
- Technical Skills (Ch. 4): PSIA-AASI technical Fundamentals come to life with practical application that can be adapted and applied to any ability level, situation, application, or outcome.
- Additional Chapters: Creative Learning environments, Managing Risk in the Mountain Environment, Sports Psychology-Mental Skills for Performance, Physical Fitness and Conditioning, Service Relationships and Professional Development.
Indoor Lecture 2: All Snowsports
The New American Teaching System (ATS) (Focus/Theme: Teaching-Learning, Professional Development) Evolution for Future.snowsports. (all snowsports presentation by PSIA-AASI Team) offered in English, interactive presentation with PowerPoint/video, no maximum group size.
- How Interski has helped us refine our teaching system.
- How, what, where and “why” behind our delivery of resources: Digital revolution including interactive manuals, the Matrix video library, E-learning, 32 degrees magazine, Education Leadership Council Initiatives.
- Three C’s approach to association unity: Communication, Collaboration, Consolidation.
- Snowsports Institute of Higher Learning: Alignment of credentials to degree programs, research and quality assurance.
Indoor Lecture 3: All Snowsports
People Skills: (Focus/Theme: Connection, Teaching) Student Centered Interpersonal Skills, People Fundamentals (all snowsports presentation by PSIA-AASI Team) offered in English, interactive presentation with PowerPoint/video, no maximum group size
- Interpersonal skills are used to build trust and target a personal connection to the internal and external guest. The development of People Fundamentals.
- Empathy based decision interaction ensures the guest’s needs and desires are central to the experience.
- Dependent upon the instructor’s ability to understand themselves and moderate/adapt their facilitation or the learning experience.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Trust, Likability and Expertise
Indoor Lecture 4: All Snowsports
Teaching Skills: (Focus/Theme: Teaching) Developing Teaching Fundamentals. (all snowsports presentation by PSIA-AASI Team) offered in English, interactive presentation with PowerPoint/video, no maximum group size.
- How we learn
- Instructor’s role as facilitator, the designer of the learning environment
- “What is great Teaching?”
- The Learning Partnership
- The new Teaching/Learning Cycle
Indoor Lecture 5: All Snowsports
Technical Skills: (Focus/Theme: Technical application to Teaching) The foundation for “what” to teach. (all snowsports presentation by PSIA-AASI Team) offered in English, interactive presentations with PowerPoint/video, no maximum group size.
- Skills Concept – Practical applications through Fundamentals
- Skiing/riding Fundamentals – define the mechanics and movements essential to any ski/board performance outcome with practical application to teaching.
- Ski(s)/Board Performance and Movement Blends
- Each discipline will take this concept to their on-snow workshops
Indoor Lecture 6: Alpine
Fundamental Variety: (Focus/Theme: Technical) Explore the Alpine Skiing Fundamentals across different genres of skiing, from racing and frontside carving, to dropping big mountain lines and all mountain/park/pipe freestyle.
- Fundamentals allow us to view, analyze and discuss all aspects of skiing.
- Application to different types of skiing and equipment outcomes
- This lecture will come to life during the on-snow workshops with the PSIA alpine team.
Indoor Lecture 7: Adaptive Sports
Adaptive Technical Manual: Technical Skills: (Focus/Theme: Technical-Teaching) Fundamentals Adaptations Across Adaptive Sports (presented by Geoff Krill and Josh Spoelstra – PSIA-AASI Adaptive Team) offered in English, interactive presentation with PowerPoint/video, no maximum group size. Accessible room required
- Compare alpine/snowboard fundamental mechanics to instruction using adapted equipment.
- Learn about the new ADAPTIVE TECHNICAL MANUAL – Release 2017, New era of Adaptive skiing.
Indoor Lecture 8: Snowboard
AASI Little Kids CAN Snowboard: (Focus/Theme: Teaching) Bring the mountain to the classroom, from PE to snow with focus on 3-6 ages. (presented by AASI Team) offered in English, interactive presentation with footage from Bulgarian PE class, PowerPoint/video, no maximum group size.
- AASI and Burton Riglet PE Program: Development of E-learning Course
- Interski Ski School: AASI will work within local school PE class to bring the mountain to the classroom.
- Interski Ski School: AASI will demonstrate transfer from PE classroom to snow at Pamporovo, custom built Burton Riglet Park.
- Join the AASI team for demonstrations of real experiences with local kids snowboarding during Interski Ski School and on-snow workshops.
Indoor Lecture 9: Cross Country Skiing
Cross Country Skiing: Technical Fundamentals and Motor Learning (Focus/Theme: Technical-Teaching) Cross Country teaching through motor learning (present by PSIA Cross Country Team) offered in English, interactive presentation with PowerPoint/video, no maximum group size.
- Skiing fundamentals, teaching fundamentals and people fundamentals
- Applying technical cross-country fundamentals to teaching to motor skill acquisition.
- This presentation will come to life during the on-snow workshops.
Indoor Lecture 10: Telemark Skiing
Telemark Skiing: Technical Fundamentals (Focus/Theme: Technical-Teaching) Practical teaching applications utilizing the telemark fundamentals (presented by the PSIA Telemark Team) offered in English, interactive presentation with PowerPoint/video, no maximum group size.
- Teaching skiing movements through fundamentals to create high-end, diverse skiing
- Learn how lead change enhances all fundamentals for efficient skiing.
- This presentation will come to life during the on-snow workshops.
- All Indoor lectures and on-snow workshops will have supporting handouts outlining the content presented.
- Temporary access to all PSIA-AASI digital manuals will be provided to Interski participants.